Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Updates from Last Class

I trust all of you had a great weekend and were able to spend time in the Word of God and in Prayer.  The fellowship we enjoy is certainly something that builds our family up and we appreciate all of you.

I encourage each of you to search the prayer requests this week and pray for as many as you can.  I had a heavy heart after the prayer time yesterday.

Yesterday we discussed the purpose of God including bringing all people to Him as well as glorification of God.  We also had discussion about little Ava and her family.  During the discussion of this incredibly and undeniably terrible and BAD situation there was a statement that a relative had said: "God might bring people home that may not know the Lord later".   I was moving quickly to the next subject and should have addressed this at that time.  I prayed last night and am clear that I must comment on this:

There is NO scriptural basis for God taking someone to be with Him 'early'.  God's plan is perfect and His timing is perfect.  He does not will someone to be saved against their will nor does He know they won't be saved later and therefore takes them 'early' so that they can be with Him.  God clearly shows again and again in scripture that He is NOT a manipulator nor does.

I cannot imagine the pain and torment that go with losing a child.  It is very important that we clearly state only what scripture teaches us.  It is imperative that we are those that run to Christ at all times but especially when those are hurt around us.  When Jesus wept He did so at the undeniable wailing and sorry of those that lost Lazarus.  We should and/or must be moved in this way.

I promise that, in the future, we will slow down the exegesis and address any comments in line with what we are studying.  I apologize to anyone that was hurt that I did not lead better in this situation.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further.  We love you all.

No comments: