Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

A note on our new study...

The study we are going to finish the year out with was selected over a year ago. It has been absolutely great to see the class change and grow spiritually as we continue to focus in on the biblical answers to our deepest questions through our study this year. As we begin this study I can't help but think about the book of Ephesians where Love is called out as far superior to knowledge.

Over the next several weeks we will challenge the foundations of what we believe and have known in certain areas. I propose that we also 'take a step back' when we study, review, and discuss. Look at what God is doing around us and through study not just studying as an intellectual exercise. I caution all of us to deliver our messages and questions with Love as well. As we question beliefs that we or others may hold dear it is important to note we are all brought to this place and time on purpose. I know that there are many of you ready to dive in and pull out truths that deliver an even deeper meaning for your walk with our Lord Jesus Christ. I know there are also many that are concerned about sharing beliefs because they may be labeled as wrong or you will look dumb.

I would suggest, that if you don't already, please take the time to pray each week specifically about where God is leading you rather than where your intellect is. If you don't pray regularly, this is a PERFECT time to start. If you do, submit your heart to Him. I know that God is going to challenge us together. I am not saying we should be in unity without question or let truths slip. What I am suggesting is that this month can show us how the Holy Spirit moves among us as a group, as couples, and as individuals.

Andy and Kenna

No comments: